Canine Couture | AANC Novelty Class
The ideal opportunity to showcase your beloved best furry friend is back at the Australian National Championships! The Thursday afternoon session will conclude with Canine Couture, offering three classes according to the age of the owner:
- Perky Pups | Handlers Aged 16 & Younger
- Still Learning a Trick or Two | Handlers Aged 17 to 45 Years of Age
- All Bark, No Bite | Handlers Aged 46 & Older
Unlike the equine classes, the Canine Couture competition is open to EVERYONE - no AHSA membership required! The only prop is a willing pup; your imagination and flair for the dramatic will ensure your stand out amongst your peers and their pooches! Entries accepted on the day. Prize money paid to first and second place winners in each division.
Each division will be adjudicated by one celebrity judge, assessing the following criteria out of a total of 100 points:
- Conception and Execution | 20 points
- Coordination of Pooch and Person | 20 points
- Grooming | 20 points
- Fashion & Attention to Detail | 20 points
- Overall Impression | 20 points
Concept & Execution will be paramount. All exhibitors are encouraged to be their most creative and outrageous, e.g. an afghan and a cat walk model; a german shepherd and soldier; a poodle and princess.
Class Procedures, as listed in the AANC Rules & Conditions, are as follows:
- To be conducted as a Jackpot Class with with 3 age groups
- Jackpot entry of $25 applicable, 50% of which shall be designated as prize money.
- Champion (65%) and Reserve Champion (35%) to split prize money. A full Top Ten shall be awarded.
- No workout, but instead a catwalk, where the handler & dog will walk a triangle, and then present for an inspection by the judges.
- The highest total points will be determined as Champion. Total point scores will be ranked to determine the remainder of the placings from Reserve Champion through full Top Ten. In the case of a tie, the highest Conception and Execution score received shall determine the winner. Should a tie still exist, the highest combined score of Conception & Execution plus Coordination of Pooch & Person shall determine the winner.